Nicole: 20-something, California native. Mostly reblogs, fashion, & poor attempts at baking.
I’ve been shying away from the introversion conversation lately, mostly because it’s consisted entirely of buzzfeed articles containing sweeping, simplistic generalizations. But I clicked this link out of curiosity, and came across some points that really struck me:
7. Dating is weird, because you’re smiling and laughing and talkative at dinner, and then you don’t want to answer their texts for four days, because like, you just want to be left alone…
11. You become unintentionally awkward because you at once feel the need to be a social life jacket for other people, though you’re just as uncomfortable yourself.
and this entire stream:
13. You’re always run through the ringer because people think you’re best suited to be the one who gives the presentation, confronts the boss, gives the speech, etc. Meanwhile, you’re practically throwing up over the thought of it.
14. You ebb and flow between wanting to be noticed for your hard work, reveling in the attention and achievement you receive, to sinking and panicking over the thought of somebody else paying more than 30 seconds of attention to you.
15. The entirety of your being is a conundrum, so needless to say, indecisiveness is your Achilles’ Heel.
16. You’re at your happiest in places like coffee shops and cafés: surrounded by people, but still closed off and keeping to yourself.
17. You prefer to travel alone, but meet up with people once you’re there, on your own terms and at your own speed.
I want to say I relate to nearly every point on some level.
I used to correlate extroversion with success, and never felt I deserved the title. I don’t give myself enough credit for being somewhat outgoing in my life.